Best Social Media Platforms to Promote Your Business – In this 21st century, there is no better and easy way to reach out to people than the use of social media platforms.
With billions of people using social media every second, social media is the easiest means to grow business as it gives opportunities to meet and interact with new friends.
Any business idea that does not contain a good strategy on how to use social media in meeting people is dead on arrival. Social media serves as a bridge between business owners and customers. It helps small businesses to expand beyond their localities.
However, choosing the best social media platform that fits your business is a great step to grow your business within a short possible time.
What is social media
Social media is a platform that allows users to create and share contents in social networks. It allows users to participate in discussion and it gives access to people to air their opinion and meet new people.
The hallmarks of social media are sharing of ideas, thought, information and meeting new people. Social media helps in building brands and offer ample opportunity for people to market their businesses.
Benefits of social media
There are several benefits of social media. Social media platforms are the most cost-effective means of meeting new people to grow your business. Here are some benefits of using social media to grow your new business.
- Cost effective: One of the highest benefits of using social media is cost effective. Social media marketing is free. Even the paid option in some platforms is cheaper for a user to afford. One can simply build a group on Facebook and use it to market his/her product. Groups on Facebook can be used to drive traffic to a website. Creating an account on social media is free, to login in is free and accessing many features is also free.
- Opportunity to meet new people: The cheapest way to meet new people is through social media. Social media helps business owners to meet new customers to grow their business. With billions of people on Facebook, Twitter, LinkIn, YouTube etc. it is easy to meet a sizable number of people interested in your business.
- Opportunity for interaction and immediate feedback: The sweetest part of social media is opportunity for interactivity. Social media offers opportunities for public and private discussions. You can choose to discuss with your customer privately. You know who is interested in your business and who is not. With your frequent interaction with your customers, you tend to know better and how they perceive your business. Interaction helps you to analyze your business and where to improve.
- Opportunity for organic content: social media allows for free posting of content. You can post as many contents as you want on social media provided your content is not against community standards of the platform. Freedom to post content without payment is the major reason why most people and companies like social media. You can post articles, photos, videos, graphics without any charges.
- Opportunity for paid advertisement: social media offers opportunity for users who wish to move from organic posting to paid advertisement. If you are satisfied with organic posting, you can run ads. Paid ads will quickly direct your content to those who are interested in seeing your business. It helps to expand businesses within a short period of time. However, paid ads vary in prices based on the number of reaches.
- Opportunity to build your brand: building your brand is very possible on social media by connecting with interested people. Building your business with social media works well with posting unique organic contents. Consistent posting of unique contents gains the loyalty of people. The more people see your contentment the more it sticks to their head. Social media gives opportunity for sharing and resharing of content, tweeting and retwisting of contents and posting of contents many times.
- Opportunity to analyze Performance: Through the opinion of people on social media, you can analyze the performance of your business. If you run a campaign, the views of people on social media will help you to know the performance of the campaign if it yields the desired result. The reaction of people through likes, comments, shares, retweets and direct messages will help you to analyze your performance.
Best Social Media Platforms to Promote Your Business
The best social Media Platforms to use in promoting your Business to gain the desired expectation are
Facebook is a good social media website good for sharing information. It gives users a chance to create an account and post organic contents for free.
It has more than 2.89 billion users engaging in chatting, sharing of information, commenting and reacting on different posts. Almost everyone has a Facebook account. Facebook is a good platform to promote your business.
It was developed in February 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg at Menlo Park, California. It is a good site for chatting, posting on timeline, marketplace pages etc. It is a friendly interface for easy navigation and easy to create an account free of charge.
Another excellent site to promote business on social media is Twitter. Most top brands, celebrities and outstanding leaders globally have Twitter accounts. With Billions of active users daily, Twitter gives firsthand information. Although the site has unique features different from other social media sites like LinkedIn, Twitter interface is user-friendly and simple to navigate. Twitter has 4.48 billion users comprising men and women of eighteen to fourteen years. It was created in 2006 in America.
Instagram is one of the fastest growing social media sites. It has no fewer than one billion registered members. Its major users fall within people of 18 to 64 years. It basically accepted photos, videos and a small number of texts.
Instagram is a good platform to promote your business as it offers the opportunity for free posting of photos and videos. Its interface is not complicated, much is not required in order to create an account with Instagram.
Many fashion companies use Instagram to promote their products. Instagram was first launched in 2010 by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger for IOS devices in the United States.
Pinterest is another good platform to promote your business. It has more than 310 million users. Its users are majorly female.
In fact, 85 percent of Pinterest users are women. It is a special platform that makes use of photos, videos and graphics materials.
Pinterest is a platform to pin visual materials with little writeup. The platform came out in 2009 and was developed by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra and Evan Sharp in New York, USA. Pinterest is today a global social media platform to pin or share content.
one of the most organized social media platforms is LinkedIn. It is a highly rated professional platform. Hard to find comic relief content on LinkedIn. Mostly for academic, jobs and professional skill development.
Most people use LinkedIn to find jobs, some use for studies while some use it for skill development. LinkedIn has more than 310 users. Most of these users respond to business related contents. LinkedIn was developed in 2002 and was launched in 2003.
The platform was developed by Reid Hoffman and his team and its headquarters is located at Mountain View, California, USA. LinkedIn is a good social media platform to promote your business.
To promote your business at ease, choose YouTube platform. It is the second most searched site after Google. YouTube has more than 2 billion users between the ages of 18 to 65 years.
YouTube is for video sharing and chatting. Video contents are easy for people to comprehend. If your product requires explanation, the best social media to use is YouTube.
Many companies use YouTube to educate people about their brand. YouTube has comedy, music, movies etc contents. The site was developed in February 2005 by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim in Silicon Valley, USA.
TikTok is a video creation app. Its content can be shared both in TikTok and other social media platforms. TikTok has over 1.1 billion active users on a monthly basis.
Many young people use TikTok today to create videos. Although the video content from TikTok lasts between 15 to 60 seconds, the platform is good for promoting business.
Brands that deal with products consumed by the younger generation choose TikTok as their best platform to advertise their products. TikTok is a new trend that came in September, 2016. It’s started in Chinese and the app was developed for iOS and Android devices.
To promote your business faster, you must select the best social media sites suitable for your business. Social media is a platform that allows users to create and share contents in social networks. It allows users to participate in discussion and it gives access to people to air their opinion and meet new friends. With social media, you can analyse the growth of your business. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and TikTok are good social media sites to promote your business.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the best social media to promote business?
The best social media to promote business are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and TikTok. They are good social media sites to promote your products.
Which social media platform is the best advertising 2022?
For 2022, Facebook is the best social media site. Facebook is a good social network for sharing content. It offers users the opportunity to open an account and share organic contents free of charge. It has more than 2.89 billion users engaging in chatting, sharing of information, commenting and reacting on posts. Almost everyone has a Facebook account.
What is the fastest growing social media platform 2022?
The fastest social media is TikTok. TikTok is a video creation app. Its content can be shared both in TikTok and other social media sites. TikTok has over 1.1 billion active users on a monthly basis. Many young people use TikTok today to create videos.